Two Wheel Centre (Mansfield) Ltd takes privacy very seriously. Our Privacy Statement explains when and why we collect personal data, what we do with it, how we store it and who we share it with and why.
We handle personal data in a way that complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). You can read more about the GDPR on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following types of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us when you create an account or make a purchase on our website, in store, by email or over the phone (such as your name, address, phone number, email address and payment information);
- Information you provide about your personal, financial and employment status when you apply for finance in store, by email or over the phone;
- Information you may provide when you request to join our mailing list, such as your age, gender and location;
- Information relating to purchases or enquiries you have made with us, whether on our website, in store, by email or over the phone.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
Depending the circumstances by which we obtained your data, our lawful basis for processing it will be either:
- Contractual performance;
- Legal obligation; or
- Our legitimate interest.
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- To contact you about your order;
- To deliver your order to you via post and shipping services;
- To enable you to use the services offered on our website;
- To propose you for finance where you have requested it;
- To send you information about new products, services and offers (but only if there is a legitimate interest or consent to do so);
- To provide statistical information about our customers to third parties such as Suzuki.
We use website analytics to help us assess how popular each page is on our website and how they can be improved. Our analytics software uses your IP address to determine your approximate physical location but the IP address itself is not stored.
Sharing personal information
We will never sell your personal data. However, we may on occasion have to share your personal data with third parties. Examples include:
- When you ask us to propose you for finance with a third party, such as Black Horse Motor Finance;
- Where it would be reasonable to disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors (for example, we share information with our courier service when they deliver your order). If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to disclosure;
- When we register you as the owner of a Suzuki vehicle on the Suzuki owner database (you can choose not to be contacted by Suzuki for marketing purposes);
- When we ask Suzuki to obtain your feedback on our customer service (this only occurs when you have purchased a Suzuki from us or brought your Suzuki into our workshop);
We may be required to share your personal information in certain circumstances:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
We hold data for different lengths of time depending on how it was obtained, what you requested and our legal obligations.
- Information about goods or services we have provided to you: We hold this kind of data for a minimum of seven years. We cleanse our records annually.
- Information about you/your bikes: We hold your name, address and contact details for eight years starting from the date of your last transaction with us. This helps us provide better customer service to you and can be helpful in meeting our legal obligations.
- Your payment information: When you pay for goods in store, over the phone, by email or via BACS, we do not store your payment details any longer than necessary to provide you with the service/products you request. We do not store complete payment information unless you expressly ask us to do so.
When you purchase goods through our website we do not store your payment information beyond passing it to our payment processor, SagePay.
The organisations with which we might share your data:
These are the organisations to which we might be required pass your data:
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA)
- Suzuki GB
- Peugeot Scooters (Three Cross Motorcycles)
- Quadzilla (Fast Toys)
- First Response Finance
- Black Horse Motor Finance
- Close Brothers Motor Finance
- Superbike Loans
- DPD UK
- Two Wheel Training School
- Esendex (text message MOT reminder service)
- Worldpay (card processing gateway)
- SagePay (online payment processing gateway)
- Trustpilot (customer service review platform)
- Vital Software Ltd (partner for Suzuki aftersales retention analysis)
The above listed companies will not use your data for any purpose other than that for which it is provided.
Except as provided by this policy, we will not share your details with third parties without your permission.
Security of your personal information
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information:
- We store personal data you provide on our secure local server which is password-protected, firewall-protected and malware-protected;
- We store personal data in Cloud based services such as Microsoft Office 365; this information is stored on EU-based servers and is GDPR compliant;
- Individual company computers are password protected and run anti-malware software;
- Back-up copies of our data is stored on EU-based servers;
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology;
- All details entered into our website are stored on UK-based secure servers.
We respect your privacy rights in the following ways:
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request (SAR). A SAR should be made in writing, explain the terms of the request and be sent to: The Company Secretary, Two Wheel Centre (Mansfield) Ltd, 1-5 Priory Works, Priory Square, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire, NG19 9LN.
- Upon receipt of such a request we will confirm your identity before disclosing all relevant data to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible. This will be provided to you within 30 days of receiving the request.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law, including redaction of information relating to third parties.
- If you instruct us to update your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible (this can include stopping MOT test and service reminders if you request it).
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is ZA293296.
Third Party Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites. Two Wheel Centre is not responsible for the privacy policies, contents and compliance/practices of other sites. Two Wheel Centre’s privacy statement applies solely to the information collected by this website www.twowheel.co.uk. We never pass your information on to these sites.
Please contact us if you have a question about our data protection policy. Questions should be directed to Abigail Scott in the first instance or the Company Secretary thereafter.
Right to update
Two Wheel Centre reserves the right to update this privacy statement from time to time and recommends that you regularly review it.