Knox Aegis Back Protector
- Level 2 CE certified to the Motorcycle Back Protector Standard EN1621-1
- Tested and effective at temperatures between -20° and +40°
- Flexible sliding spine protection to ensure maximum coverage
- Shock absorbing honeycomb construction
- Superior air ventilation system
- Extra EVA foam on the inside for added performance
- Multi position waist strap system to provide a great individual fit
- Extra side adjustment straps give a more secure fit against the spine
- Quick release soft shoulder straps can cross over for increased comfort
- Removable breathable liner made from British made spacer fabric for extra air flow
- Machine washable for continued freshness
- Kidney pads for added performance
- Seven sizes available to fit ladies and men (please see 'sizing' tab above)
- Additional coccyx protection available on the 8 Plate Race (see similar products)
- Optional CE Approved Chest protector can be purchased separately
The Knox Aegis Back Protector is a protective piece of back protection that is suitable for motorcycle riding, or any other type of extreme sports where your back is vulnerable to injury. This technical, high quality and lightweight support is adjustable to offer improved protection.
With its independent testing, the Aegis conforms to CE standard EN1621-2 Level 2. This is the highest rating possible under current EU testing regulations, giving the wearer complete confidence that in the event of a fall they'll be protected against impact and abrasion.
The back protector follows the contours of your body and has hard outer plates that cover cellular structured armour to absorb shock in a fall. This is held in place with adjustable straps at the waist which can fit in one of six small pins that will position the belt at different lengths along the torso to find the optimal comfortable position. This strap also has a double Velcro fastener for tightening or loosening the strap around your waist, just underneath the top layer there are removable and adjustable kidney protectors made of flexi-form armour that can be moved as needed for protection. As riding is an athletic activity it's recommended that you wear the first layer in a loose fit, with the second elasticated layer sitting snug so that the armour moves with your spine and isn't fighting against you.
There are also shoulder straps which can be length-adjusted, and their position on the waist belt can be altered. This can be kept vertical or criss-crossed over each other.
This multi-activity back protector has been designed for riders of motorcycles and other sports, such as ski, mountain bike and snow boarding. With open cell technology for superior air flow it will keep your body cool and draw moisture away from the skin, aided by the spacer material that is attached with Velcro to the rear of the protection. This can be removed too if necessary.
This back protector is strong and built to last, after testing it's found it doesn't degrade with impact and will offer protection after multiple crashes.
The Knox Aegis Back Protector is available in 4 plate to 9 plate sizes, please see the 'sizing' tab above.
|Size||4 Plate||5 Plate||6 Plate||7 Plate||8 Plate||8 Race||9 Plate|
|Waist to Shoulder||35cm||40cm||45cm||47.5cm||50cm||50cm||52.5cm|
No posts found