Gerbing Heated Vest (12V)
- Microwire heating pads to the chest, back and collar
- Compressible, water-repellent and durable
- Soft shell outer
- Thinsulate® insulation
- Silky soft micro denier collar
- Pockets both inside and out
- Firm-fitting design to ensure a snug and easy fit under your normal riding gear
- Lifetime warranty on heating elements
- Supplied with a battery harness
- Ride Magazine recommended (December 2015)
- Available in XXS to 3XL
- Please note that these vests are quite large; Gerbing recommend ordering a size lower than the size guide states to ensure efficient fitting and heating.
If you are looking for great heat delivery without the added bulk, the 12V Heated Vest is just the ticket. It is an ideal alternative to the Gerbing Heated Jacket Liner, especially if you want something which is unrestrictive on your arms when worn under your everyday motorcycle gear.
When wearing the Gerbing heated vest, targeted heat is delivered to the areas of your torso most adversely affected by cold weather: your chest, neck and back. This essential flow of heat is delivered via the Microwires that run throughout the vest. Furthermore, to ensure optimum heat retention, the vest also uses an internal Thinsulate thermal liner. Together, this means the benefit to you is two-fold: you will experience not only increased heat generation but also increased heat retention with the Gerbing heated vest.
The Microwires (the heating elements in the vest which deliver the integral heat) are incredibly fine, ensuring that they are both comfortable and flexible for the wearer; there is no discomfort caused by them, at all. The flexibility of the Microwires also enables the heated vest to be folded, rolled or stored without damage to the heating elements. What's more, those very heating elements are covered by a lifetime warranty*, so you can rest assured that they are as reliable as they are durable.
The fit of the 12V Gerbing heated vest is designed to be snug to ensure optimum heat delivery. We recommend wearing the vest over just a lightweight t-shirt, so that the full benefit of the heating elements can be felt, but without them being in direct contact with your skin.
The 12V vest has a quality, soft-shell outer which is easily compressible and durable, and the collar of the vest is constructed using a silky soft micro denier material to ensure increased comfort when worn close to the neck. There is a degree of water repellency offered by the soft shell outer, but please bear in mind that the vest is not intended to be an outermost layer and thus will not withstand significant rainfall.
The Gerbing heated vest is supplied with a battery harness (for connection to a 12V vehicle/motorcycle battery), so the vest is fully operational upon purchase and no additional wiring is needed. However, you may wish to consider teaming the heated vest up with a temperature controller (allowing for various heat settings), an extension cable (for greater freedom of movement), or additional Gerbing heated clothing products, such as heated gloves or heated trousers.
*Warranty registration must be completed upon purchase.
Current: 4.5 amps
Watts: 55 Watts
Surface Temp: 52°C +/- 2°C at 0°C
- Base Layers
- Heated Clothing
- Thermal Liner
When selecting the size of your Gerbing heated vest, it is recommended that you choose a close fit. If the vest is too loose, the heating effect will not be as strong.
- Can you wear the Gerbing Vest with Gerbing Gloves? Yes, you can wear them both together.
- How do you operate the Gerbing Gloves and vest simultaneously? You will need to use a dual controller which allows you to operate the heat settings on both garments from one device. The y harness plugs into the gloves which then connects to the dual controller to power you up. The y harness is included with the purchase of Gerbing Gloves or can be bought separately.
- Is the vest safe to wear in the rain? Yes, the wiring in all Gerbing products is plastic coated so you won't experience a shock if you get wet.
No posts found
- Rubber cap: When you aren't using the battery harness keep the rubber cap in place, in winter or summer, whether plugged in or not. If this becomes damp the plug will begin to corrode.
- Damp inhibitor: Treat plugs with a damp inhibitor such as WD40 or ACF
- Waterproof the gloves: Use a leather conditioner/waterproofer, such as Nikwax®. The Hipora® liner sits inside the glove and so the outside liner will soak water if left unprotected.
- Washing instructions: Hand wash jackets, trousers and socks with a mild detergent. Hang on a line to dry naturally, don't tumble dry.
- Packing Gerbing items: It's possible to roll kit tightly to pack away.
Gerbing's Warranty Explained
To Validate your lifetime warranty, please ensure you register your product within 60 days of purchase.
The heating elements in Gerbing products are covered for a lifetime.
Any non-electrical components of Gerbing clothing is covered for one year from purchase.
Temperature controllers and accessories:
Temperature controllers, accesories or electrical components are warranted against factory defect for three years from purchase.
Rechargeable batteries and chargers
Gerbing's rechargeable Lithium/NMH battery packs and chargers are covered for 90 days from purchase. Providing the product hasn't been altered.