Shoei Hornet DS - Technical Specification
- Shell in AIM + (Fibre glass and high performance organic fibres)
- Four outer shell sizes
- EPS liner system with 2 densities
- Mist-retardant C-49 Pinlock visor
- Double-D ring - Easy to use and always perfectly adjusted
- Low weight of only 1430g (+/- 50g)
- Entirely detachable and washable inner lining
- Detachable and washable chin strap cover
- Supplied with chin curtain
- Multiple inlet & outlet vents
- Inlet vents in the upper head area, forehead and on the chin area
- Four outlet vents
- Separate visor ventilation
- Aggressively-shaped nose cover with filter and defroster
- Streamlined, compact shape
- Air-stabilizer 3 - to reduce drag and lift
- Original Shoei helmet bag, supplied with the helmet.
- Chin curtain
The Shoei Hornet DS is a helmet which has been carefully designed for all terrain use. It brings together the advantages of a full face helmet with those of an off road helmet. This ensures first-rate enjoyment both on and off road.
With an AIM outer shell, available in four sizes, the Hornet DS has a rigid yet lightweight outer construction. Shock absorption is provided by the dual density EPS liner.
The aerodynamics and ventilation are good on the Hornet DS, having been refined in Shoei's wind tunnel. The Shoei Air Stabiliser reduces drag and lift at higher speeds, making the Hornet DS equally well suited to the tarmac as well as the dirt track.
The inner liner of the Hornet DS is fully removable and washable (Two Wheel Centre recommends hand-washing the pieces and allowing them to dry naturally).
The Hornet DS is supplied with a clear Shoei C-49 Pinlock-ready visor, a Shoei helmet bag, and chin curtain.
This denotes the material with which the shell has been made. Kevlar, fibreglass and carbon are all known for their lightweight yet incredibly strong properties.
- XS / 53-54cm
No posts found