Gerbing XR-12 Heated Gloves
- Textile and leather outer construction
- 0.6mm full aniline leather
- Heats entire length of all fingers, back of the hands and thumbs
- Flexible Microwire heating elements provide all-over warmth in seconds
- Reinforced knuckle protection
- Hipora® waterproof, windproof and breathable liner
- Thinsulate™ brushed liner and insulation
- Includes Gerbing Battery Cable
- Includes FREE Gerbing 12V Junior Temperature Controller
- Zip pocket on the cuff to store 12V batteries (batteries are optional and sold separately)
- Velcro wrist closure
- Cuff toggle adjuster
- Lifetime warranty on heating elements
- Available in sizes XXS-XXXL
The Gerbing XR-12 Heated Gloves have an outer construction comprising both leather and textile, offering the perfect balance of abrasion resistance and flexibility.
Gerbing's Microwire Heating Technology heats the hands in seconds, providing consistent and targeted warmth to your coldest extremities. The heating Microwires are very fine and incredibly flexible (in fact, they're practically undetectable to the wearer), which in turn ensures that the gloves are both comfortable and flexible notwithstanding their integral wiring. This Microwire heating technology, alongside the Thinsulate liner, provides exceptional warmth whilst on the move.
In addition to keeping your hands warm, the XR-12 Gloves also have a Hipora waterproof, windproof and breathable lining to keep your hands dry.
The gloves can be connected to a motorcycle battery to provide constant heat delivery during a long ride. The XR12 gloves are also supplied with the Gerbing in-line Junior Temperature controller, which has four different heat levels. The four heat levels enable you to easily adjust to the temperature to ensure you stay comfortable.
For shorter rides, and for continued heat when you are away from your bike, Gerbing's 12V rechargeable batteries can be used to power the gloves instead. The portable batteries are stored during use in the purpose-built zip pocket on top of the cuff. When using the batteries, a possible 3 hours of heating may be gained depending on which of the three heat levels you select (more info below).
Available in a large variety of sizes, the Gerbing XR12 gloves have a reinforced area on the knuckles to provide extra impact protection.
To tighten/adjust the gloves, there is a Velcro wrist closure, Velcro cuff adjustment and a toggle located at the end of cuff.
There is a lifetime warranty on Gerbing's heating elements (warranty registration must be completed upon purchase).
The XR12 gloves can also be connected to the Gerbing heated jacket liner. Please note, however, that a Gerbing Splitter Cable will also be required in this instance. A splitter cable enables multiple Gerbing products to be used with only one cable coming from the 12V vehicle battery.
Powering your Gerbing XR-12 Gloves
Powering the Gerbing XR-12 gloves through the bike's battery will provide unlimited heat delivery. For use with the rechargeable portable battery packs (purchased separately), you can expect the following:
100% heat = 1 hour
60% heat = 2.5 hours
30% heat = 3 hoursPlease note: This will be sent via DPD as Royal Mail are unable to carry lithium batteries. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Heated Gloves
- Knuckle / Finger Armour
No posts found
Gerbing Care Instructions
- Rubber cap: When you aren't using the battery harness keep the rubber cap in place, in winter or summer, whether plugged in or not. If this becomes damp the plug will begin to corrode.
- Damp inhibitor: Treat plugs with a damp inhibitor such as WD40 or ACF
- Waterproof the gloves: Use a leather conditioner/waterproofer, such as Nikwax®. The Hipora® liner sits inside the glove and so the outside liner will soak water if left unprotected.
- Washing instructions: Hand wash jackets, trousers and socks with a mild detergent. Hang on a line to dry naturally, don't tumble dry.
- Packing Gerbing items: It's possible to roll kit tightly to pack away.
- Charge the batteries: If you buy batteries separately, to prolong their life it's important to charge them throughout the year. When they aren't in regular use Gerbing recommend doing this around once a month.
Gerbing's Warranty Explained
Please register your product within 60 days to validate the warranty.
The heating elements in Gerbing products are covered for a lifetime.
Any non-electrical components of Gerbing clothing is covered for one year from purchase.
Temperature controllers and accessories:
Temperature controllers, accesories or electrical components are warranted against factory defect for three years from purchase.
Rechargeable batteries and chargers
Gerbing's rechargeable Lithium/NMH battery packs and chargers are covered for 90 days from purchase. Providing the product hasn't been altered.